Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Summer Has Begun!

Jack is home from school, and both boys need to adjust to a new summer schedule. While I am aware of our June craziness, it is very important for me to maintain some semblance of order in our home. Here are my summer goals for the boys.
Two (maybe three?) library reading programs
School review for Jack and preschool prep for Andrew
A daily chore plan
Lots and lots of fun in the sun - and water!
On the baby front, I am 27 weeks along! The time seems to have gone by so quickly, but then I flip through the calendar, thinking how far away September 2 is. My goal for the summer is to relish every moment with my growing belly. Lord willing, this will be the last pregnancy for us, and I want to make soak up every moment of having this little one nestled under my heart.
At yesterday's appointment, my blood pressure was a healthy 122/60. Praise the Lord for keeping blood pressure issues at bay! I had to drink the crazy glucose juice for my gestational diabetes test, and I will hopefully hear the results today.
I am already measuring almost two weeks ahead of schedule, so my doctor wants to see me every two weeks from now on to monitor baby boy's growth.
And, sadly, we are still referring to him as baby boy. I have a feeling it is going to take us awhile to decide on a name for this little man. Both Andrew and Jack have strong Biblical names, and each has a family name as well. I kind of want to carry on the same pattern for this little guy, but so far nothing is clicking. Oh, well, we have a few more weeks to decide!
So, that is our life right now! It is full, but sooooo much fun!

No comments: