Sunday, June 27, 2010

Soaking in Life

The last three weeks have been crazy for us. Trying to cram outpatient surgery, VBS, and a national conference into a twenty-three day span has left my family a little groggy.
While my list of household duties and "before baby" projects seems never ending, God keeps gently reminding me that I need to soak in life with my two precious little boys. Their lives will change - for the better - in ten short weeks, and I want to love on them and enjoy the remaining time that I have to devote completely to them.

In my last pregnancy, I couldn't wait for it to be over. While I know there will be days ahead when I am ready to be done, I hope to soak in every moment with the two little boys who are growing up so quickly. And, I cherish each little movement of my youngest who is nestled under and in my heart.

As God continues to prepare our family to welcome this new little life, I am begging Him to give me the strength and endurance to be a faithful wife, selflessly meet the needs of a newborn, and to also serve Jack and Andrew. I know that as I rely on Him He will give me the strength to handle these challenges. I hope I can do so with a joyous heart and a humble spirit.

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

What a wonderful frame of mind you have there! :) So proud of you and happy for you!!! Can't wait to meet your 3rd little one, oh my gosh, so excited for you guys!!!

Love you!

mom and dad said...

my screen is blurry b/c you make me cry. your heart shows and i love it! :),:),:)! thanks for the baby pic :) and the boys in the last post also.