Sunday, February 08, 2009

Hooray! It is finished!

I started this baby quilt for Nat's cousin while Rachel was still pregnant.
She didn't know what she was having, so I got material for both a girl and a boy.
I chose to start the "girlie" quilt, and I was hoping that she would have a girl.

Thankfully, she did. So, baby Anna will have a soft and comfy, very girlie blanket.
I used flannel material for the nine patch blocks, then I used some lavender softness that I found on sale at our
local quilt shop. Man, I want a blanket made out of that stuff!
I used Heather Bailey's tutorial for the binding, which was soooo helpful.
The back of Anna's blanket is leftover pink flannel.


I really enjoy quilting, but I must admit that I struggle with the actual "quilting" step. I just did a basic "in the ditch"
quilting style with my machine. However, I really, really want to learn some other steps and processes for machine quilting.
I would welcome any suggestions that you have!

In the meantime, I will finish some other small projects that I have on my To Sew list, while I continue saving up for a new machine.
Happy sewing and blogging!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

mom and dad said...

good job sister! the only sug. right now is do it while your young! love ya.

Beth said...

I love it! You did a really good job. I'd love to see it in person. I know these pics never do justice. Thanks for posting! hey- I "tagged" you for something on my ragtop blog. You don't really have to do it- just needed a name! :) thanks.