Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Meloncholy Mood

I don't even know where to begin this blog today. It has been a frustrating week, and it is only Tuesday!

First of all, the GARBC is having its annual conference this week. There are some major issues that need to be hashed out, and unfortunately, there are passionate people on both sides. I fear for this body of churches. I have found myself praying for God to work in hearts, because honestly, many hearts need to change. (Yeah, I know, I need to work on some stuff myself too.)

I can't even begin to understand the "Cedarville issue," so I won't even begin to try to explain it. There are many other people who are far more competent to explain that topic. However, I personally believe there are deeper issues that are under the surface.

Anyway, there are other issues that I have dealt with this week as well. A woman whom I highly respected from my former church went to be with the Lord on Sunday. My heart goes out to the family and to her many friends. Wilma will be dearly missed, yet I know that she is with her Savior. For that, I am grateful.

So where does this leave me tonight? I am in a meloncholy mood, which is normally not me. As I wait for more news from my friends at the conference, I find myself praying for the people involved. But, God, help me pray with an open heart, and not with a self-centered pious attitude.

No comments: