Saturday, August 07, 2010

Random Things, Part 4

I Love Your Daddy
Little One,
Eleven years ago, I married your Dad.


What a crazy, wild roller coaster ride this has been! It has not always been easy, but God has blessed our marriage in so many ways, namely in the three little blessings that God has chosen to give us.
I could go on and on, making this one of the mushiest posts ever, but that is not really your dad and me. Don't get me wrong; I love your Daddy very much, and I am all about the mushy stuff.
But what your dad and I have is built on something so much bigger than that. We have chosen to make a lifetime covenant between each other and our Heavenly Father. The love that comes from such a bond flows much deeper than heart flutters and daydreams.
I am so thankful that our marriage is based on commitment, trust, friendship, and love. Your dad and I are free to be ourselves, but we strive to be the best version of ourselves for each other - and for you, Andrew, and Jack.
We will never be perfect, and we will never see eye-to-eye on everything. So you may hear "discussions" and "arguments" from time to time, but I want you and your brothers to remember that the foundation that our family is built upon is firm. And we will do everything through God's strength and faithfulness to keep our home built and focused on Him.
So, little one, I want you to rest in the fact that I love your papa more than I ever thought possible. As I watch him playing with your two brothers, I can't help but imagine that in a few years, you get to join in the fun and craziness of time with daddy.

And that, baby, makes me one happy and thankful Mama!

No comments: