Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Might Be the Last Post for a While . . .

But I just have to share how cool God is!

Nat and I are still trying to sell our house outside of Chicago (think EXPENSIVE mortgage payments, here!) and we are now living on a pastor's income. While I am still doing some freelance for RBP, it isn't a whole lot, but we know that God will provide for us.

Well, I got an e-mail today from another Christian publishing company with whom I have done some freelance work. They are offering me a proofreading opportunity with a REALLY tight deadline. But because the deadline is tight, they are offering me a REALLY nice hourly rate!

Basically, it will amount to well over half of a house payment for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, it will mean that I will be deprived of sleep for several days, but I know Who to rely on for my strength.

While this may seem trivial for some, it is just one more way that my God is providing for my family. And to me, this is nothing short of a little blessing that God is providing us with right now. It humbles me and amazes me how the Almighty chooses to care and provide for His own.

I truly am blessed, and I praise my Heavenly Father for His goodness to me and to those I love.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I'll be praying for you Erin!